Re: Custom named logwatch script

On 19/04/2015 09:20 PM, Bill Gee wrote:
On Sunday, April 19, 2015 15:46:29 Joseph L. Casale wrote:
> Can anyone point me to where my mistake is?

First, you are creating overrides, or site specific definitions in the
platform directory. Don't do that, the distro owns and maintains this. Put
your new code in /etc/logwatch, man 8 logwatch for explanation.

Finally, you don't show is the script that actually does the parsing. The "service" and "log" definition represent 2 of 3 component's, you also need to tell logwatch how to read and extract the parts of the logfile you want,
as well as the applicable severity etc...

jlc

Also watch out for selinux permissions.  Logwatch does not have selinux
permissions in all directories.

Thanks, I created the files in /etc/logwatch. I need to make a script to parse the logs, since they are a bit different from the usual output in /var/log/messages.

So far no errors in SELinux.

Regards,