Re: [CentOS-announce] Release for CentOS Linux 7 (1503 ) on x86_64

On 04/02/2015 01:12 AM, Les Mikesell wrote:
Adding the date component means CentOS may release more than one iso per RH's minor versions.

Newsflash: they already are, just not in the main releases trees. Look in http://buildlogs.centos.org/rolling/7/isos/x86_64/

I previously used the 20150228 CentOS 7 rolling Everything ISO to do a reinstall; worked great. Nice to not have to grab hundreds of MB of updates right out of the box. This was on the CentOS-Announce list, incidentally.

There isn't much of a consistent relationship between the RH release and the subsequent Centos release other than 'sometime later when it is ready'. So, given a set of Centos isos or even just the most recent, how would you know which RH release it is based on?

Hmm, maybe the name of the directory it is in and the link in the release notes? I also notice that the rolling point in time images have the full four digit year as well as month and day, whereas the 'functionally equivalent to a particular Red Hat update release' image has a two digit year, the month, but no day.