Re: Kickstart with multiple eth devices

On Thu, 26 Feb 2015 13:42:57 -0600, Ashley M. Kirchner <ashley@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

And after picking this back up this morning .... still no dice. I have now blacklisted the one module that would enumerate the add-in ethernet port so
that is no longer an issue during the kickstart process, however the
following is now happening:

- kickstart completes successfully using the machine's physical port 2 (or
eth1) which is on a subnet with DHCP
- when the system reboots, it brings up port 1 (eth0) with the correct
static IP information, HOWEVER ...
- port 2 (eth1) is NOT configured properly. When I look at it's ifcfg-eth1
file, its bootproto is set to none when it should be set to dhcp.
- the add-in card has not been enumerated, in fact the system doesn't even
know it's there (dmesg has no mention of it and no module loaded)

Check the installed kernel append line to make sure the rdblacklist option is not being pulled from the kickstart boot line. If it is you can add this to the kickstart post install section:

/usr/bin/perl -p -i -e 's/rdblacklist=MODULENAME//' /boot/grub/grub.conf

So for port 2 (eth1), the kickstart file has it configured as a dhcp
interface, so why when the system reboots it comes up with bootproto=none?

As I pointed out the script I sent changes all interfaces to DHCP=none.

If you are using it and you don't want it to do that then remove this line:

/usr/bin/perl -p -i -e 's/dhcp/none/' /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-${NETDEV}-tmp

On the other hand, port 1 (eth0) does come up with the static information
as it should - that info is also set in the kickstart file.

Baffled ...

On Wed, Feb 25, 2015 at 4:46 PM, Ashley M. Kirchner <ashley@xxxxxxxxxx>