Re: Kickstart with multiple eth devices

On Wed, 25 Feb 2015 17:30:30 -0600, Ashley M. Kirchner <ashley@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Feb 25, 2015 4:19 PM, "Jason Warr" <jason@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

It will if you try to configure the now non-existent interface.

That's what I figured, so I can remove it from the kickstart file, no problem. The question then becomes, if kickstart doesn't configure it, what happens >when the system reboots after install? It won't know what to do with that interface, correct?

Is this a case where I will need to put an ifcfg-eth2 file in place during post-install?
Upon reboot the system *should* generate a base one for you as it will see it as a new interface. Not a big deal if it does not though, just create one yourself. You will want to add it to the udev rules file though. You can re-run the script I sent to do that if you want. At that point it should be eth2. Or you can edit the existing one by copying a line and changing the MAC and eth* to whatever you need.