Re: CentOS 7 install software Raid on large drives error

On 12/06/2014 08:32 AM, Ted Miller wrote:
2. I cannot comment from experience about the separate drive for /boot/efi, but needing a separate partition surprises me. I have not read about others needing that. I would think that having an accessible /boot partition would suffice.

Systems that boot with UEFI instead of BIOS require separate partitions for /boot and /boot/efi.

UEFI must boot from a FAT32 filesystem. That filesystem will include the UEFI shim that's signed by Verisign for trusted boot, a version of GRUB2 that's signed by Red Hat (IIRC), and the GRUB2 configuration file. The /boot filesystem will contain the same thing on UEFI that it does under BIOS, namely the kernel and initrd.