CentOS 7 install software Raid on large drives error

Greetings -

I am trying to install CentOS 7 into a new Dell Precision 3610. I have two 3 TB drives that I want to setup in software RAID1. I followed the guide here for my install as it looked fairly detailed and complete (http://www.ictdude.com/howto/install-centos-7-software-raid-lvm/). I only changed the size of the partitions from what is described, but ended up with the disk configuration error that won't allow the installation to complete. The error is:

You have not created a bootloader stage 1 target device.
You have not created a bootable partition.

So I am clearly missing a step in setting up the drives; likely before running the installer. My disks are blank raw disks right now with nothing on them. Reading the RHEL Storage Admin Guide (Sec. 18.6, Raid Support in the Installer) this should be supported, but I am assuming I may need to do something different because the drives are greater than 2 TB. I have a SystemRescueCD that I can use GParted to do some setup in advance of the installer, but am not sure of what exactly I need to do.

My objective is to RAID1 the two drives, use LVM on top of the RAID, install CentOS7 as a KVM host system, with two KVM guests (Linux Mint and Windows 7). Can anyone tell me the steps I am missing, or point me to a better tutorial than what I have found in my extensive Google searches. Thanks.

Please cc me directly on replies as I am only subscribed to the daily digest. Thanks.

Jeff Boyce
www.meridianenv.com