Re: Not To James B. Byrne

On 2014/11/14 10:38, Les Mikesell wrote:
On Fri, Nov 14, 2014 at 2:25 PM, Miranda Hawarden-Ogata
<hawarden@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Matches: to:(centos@xxxxxxxxxx)
Do this: Skip Inbox, Mark as read, Apply label "Lists/centos", Never send it
to Spam
If you auto-mark as read, how do you ever know when it really is read?

I don't use the gmail interface for day-to-day email processing, for precisely that reason. It is why I resort to TB. When I'm at work I read all email with a work-centric focus. When I'm at home I read all email with a not-so-work-centric focus (unless I'm working from home, as I am today). But all email gets pulled to both locations. If something kills my work pc, I have a copy at home and vice versa. Which is handy when my email goes back 15+ years and google won't let me keep it all there without paying for it which I'd rather not do. For the older email, those TB clients are the only copies I have. Even though I have backups, I still do this because recovery has been very quick this way (just replace the dead profile with the good one).

And of course, when the apocalypse comes and gmail goes away, I'm all prepared! [/joke]