Re: Not To James B. Byrne

On 2014/11/14 05:32, Darr247 wrote:
On 14 November 2014 @05:34 zulu, Les Mikesell wrote:
Just guessing, but it may be that you are using POP to retrieve the
mail and getting an "uncategorized" view of new messages in the inbox,
where if you use IMAP (with the possibility of syncing to multiple
systems), gmail's labels are mapped to imap folders before you get
them.

You may be onto something, because I *am* using IMAP (TB's default during account setup) instead of POP3.

I'll be looking around in gmail next to see if there's some way to pre-sort mail from centos.org (as Miranda implied) before whatever mail app I'm using at the time fetches it. I have never seen an online email interface I liked, so I don't spend much time in gmail's.

One of the things that drove me to linux (and I liked rpm/yum better than dpkg/apt) was microsoft disabling Windows Mail in Win7 to force people to use their online 'Live' email.

I primarily use pop (and imap and gmail interface when I need to), but since I read email with different focus when I'm at home or at work, popping the msgs has turned out to be the most efficient way for me to operate. I also have gmail filters set up. My centos filter is dead simple:

Matches: to:(centos@xxxxxxxxxx)
Do this: Skip Inbox, Mark as read, Apply label "Lists/centos", Never send it to Spam

So in the gmail interface and in the gmail imap setup in TB, I have a nice little cubbyhole that has all the centos emails in it.

Then when my TB clients pop the messages, they filter with this one:

name="CentOS"
enabled="yes"
type="17"
action="Move to folder"
actionValue="mailbox://nobody@Local%20Folders/08%20Lists/CentOS/centos"
action="Stop execution"
condition="OR (all addresses,contains,centos@xxxxxxxxxx) OR (all addresses,contains,mailman-owner@xxxxxxxxxx)"

Interestingly, the filter in my home TB lacks the JunkScore=0 action, but seems to work just as well as the one at work that includes it.

Hope this helps.

Miranda