Re: Systemd Adding Its Own Console To Linux Systems

On 10/08/2014 03:00 PM, John R Pierce wrote:
On 10/8/2014 11:29 AM, Les Mikesell wrote:
On Wed, Oct 8, 2014 at 1:22 PM, Digimer<lists@xxxxxxxxxx>  wrote:
Airbags, ABS, Traction Control, ACE compatibility, stronger survival space,
better fuel economy, more comfortable...
I think I've forgotten what user interfaces these break.  Did they
take away the steering wheel to add them?
they took away the clutch pedal.

anyways, cars are not a good analogy to computers over the same time
scale, unless you want to go back to the days of the model T, where the
3 pedals operated clutch bands on a planetary transmission, and the
throttle and ignition timing were levers on the steering wheel, and the
brakes were a hand lever.

computers have evolved far faster than automobiles over the last 40
years that I've been in this industry.   maybe I should start whining
about lower case, and these damn interactive guis, after all hollerith
punchcards and batch processing was good enough in the 1970s!   Why, we
could get amazing stuff done with 8K words of core, and a 1000K word
hard disk.
Yes, wasn't it amazing how much could get done with so little resources. We ran our whole
college administration on an IBM-1130 with 8K of core and a 2.5mega byte removable drive.

--
Stephen Clark
*NetWolves Managed Services, LLC.*