Re: ZFS

On 2014-09-15 , kkeller@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

So the ZoL folks want one more feature before calling it 1.0; otherwise
they believe it's production ready.  Only your own testing can convince
you that it's truly production ready.

--keith

That's encouraging news, something I've been looking forward to.

FWIW, I've been running ZoL Raid-z3 on two large file servers for quite some time (0.6.2-1 currently, on CentOS-6 x64) with zero problems other than a couple of disk drive failures which ZFS handled nicely. I've had no real reason to upgrade and will wait for a 1.x release before doing anything major.

Performance has been very good (although the application is not all that demanding) and stability has been excellent. Over the past year or so the routine twice-weekly scrubs have found no issues, and we've detected no file corruption. The scrubbing operation doesn't seem to affect concurrent use all that much. The servers run for months without reboots (only done for security updates).

I don't miss those hours-long ext4 fsck's at all :-)

Chuck