Re: Upgrade from CentOS 6.x to 7

Sure, I can umount /usr/local and comment it out of fstab, my comment was more about the fact that the software confused my configuration more that than anything else. But then again it's probably best that they take the most conservative route and make folks aware of any and all possible ways that it might fail.

The report also listed a driver for an Ethernet card that was not supported in CentOS 7 which does make the software useful for identifying things like that.

All in all I think that it's worthwhile to run the software to see what it finds so that you can be aware of the types of issues that you might run into.

I agree that doing an upgrade using this method would be a bit of a last resort, I might try it just to see how it goes, just for the heck of it, but ultimately a re-install is best as it get's rid of all the chaff as well.