Re: Upgrade from CentOS 6.x to 7

I just ran the pre-upgrade, and it said that I couldn't do an in place upgrade for the following reason:

"/usr directory is on separate partition. In-place Upgrade is NOT possible."

Well that was news to me because I never separate /usr, so what is going on? It apparently turns out that /usr/local is on a separate partition and the software isn't smart enough to realize that there's a big difference between /usr and /usr/local, so I'm guessing that that is the reason.

I sure do hate software that makes lame or at worst incorrect assumptions, almost as bad as when you change a config file and comment out the default line and add you duplicate the line with changes, and the software is too dumb to realize what you did.