Re: rhel/centos alternative to logwatch?

>> On Thu, 12 Apr 2012 12:13:14 +0200,
>> Tilman Schmidt <t.schmidt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> said:

T> The most frequent reason for a lot of unmatched entries showing up is
T> that the corresponding logwatch script is out of date wrt the program
T> whose log is being watched. Program maintainers tend to change the
T> wording of messages on a whim, and the logwatch scripts need to be
T> updated to keep up with them. So yes, there is a constant need to update
T> logwatch, specifically its scripts.

   I found the "checksyslog" setup easier to understand and modify.
   http://www.hcst.net/~vogelke/src/logfiles/ has some examples.

--
Karl Vogel                      I don't speak for the USAF or my company
Mr. Rogers was an ordained minister.        --item for a lull in conversation