Re: how to install standard software on systems with heterogeneous hardware?

Ah OK - sorry if I misunderstood you...

I definitely see your point. I suppose for me if I have to do something more than once, I like automation (like Cobbler). I do a ton of tinkering, trashing machines, spinning up VMs, etc - it just became tedious. Truth be known - initially I spent sooo much time learning Cobbler. But that time has since paid off...

Quite honestly, the way Cobbler is structured - the templating is so very easy to learn...I think I spent one morning reading up on it and I was proficient enough to denote packages for any given machine (really why I responded in the first place)...