Re: how to install standard software on systems with heterogeneous hardware?

I don't know - just trying to help.  I have 4 machines at home...and I use
Cobbler specifically because I want reproducability...well worth the time
I spent to learn it. When I lost a harddrive in my laptop, I replaced it...selected the Cobbler system record for it...and my laptop was ready to go reprovisioned and all.

Again, I was just trying to help - sorry, if I over-engineered solution...