From: centos-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:centos-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Alexander Dalloz
Sent: Monday, March 28, 2005 4:40 PM
To: CentOS discussion and information list
Subject: Re: [Centos] Setting JAVA path

Am Mo, den 28.03.2005 schrieb Vaneet Sharma um 15:59:

> I have successfully installed centos 4.0 . I installed JDK 5.0 and
> Tomcat 5.5.7 as well. I have also installed JAVA_HOME in etc/profile.
> When I type JAVA on command prompt, I get the following.
>
> Usage: gij [OPTION] ... CLASS [ARGS] ...
>           to invoke CLASS.main, or
>        gij -jar [OPTION] ... JARFILE [ARGS] ...
>           to execute a jar file
> Try `gij --help' for more information.
>

> Well, I have been to gcc website,
> How can I make Java interpretor RUN ?
> Is gij better interpretor than JAVA?
>
> Now, shall I delete symbolic link for gij and how ?
> Which directory load symbolic links at  start up ( is it etc/bin ?)
> Any hints will be appreciated Kind Regards
> Vaneet

The SUN jdk conflicts with the java-1.4.2-gcj-compat CentOS4 ships with.
The preferred path to go with JAVA on CentOS4 is to use
www.jpackage.org. You now may remove the java-1.4.2-gcj-compat package.

Alexander

P.S.

"Want a signature like this? - www.plaxo.com\signature"

No! Please remove that crap. A signuture shall not exceed 4 lines.
Pointless disclaimer for a public mailing list.

legal statement: http://www.uni-x.org/legal.html Fedora Core 2 GNU/Linux
on Athlon with kernel 2.6.10-1.770_FC2smp
Serendipity 16:36:45 up 11 days, 13:32, load average: 0.81, 0.66, 0.53

Vaneet Sharma
executive manager
iDeasTank Limited
an iwg business
dolphins' court po 388
valletta, m-malta/europe
mobile:	 +356 9943 8263
skype:	 CALLVANEET
fax:	 +356 9952 8888
phone:	 +356 9942 8888

vaneet@xxxxxxxx
call me on www.skype.com - my ID is CALLVANEET

Want a signature like this? - www.plaxo.com\signature

iwg is a global e-mobile company creating, building and growing new businesses.  iwg founders are pioneers in creating multi-billion dollar mobile and Internet businesses in Europe, Asia and the US.

www.iWG.info
www.countryprofiler.com/iWG
www.visitmalta.com
www.mfc.com.mt

Privileged/Confidential Information may be contained in this message.  If you are not the addressee indicated in this message (or responsible for delivery of the message to such person), you may not copy or deliver this message to anyone. In such case, you should destroy this message and kindly notify the sender by reply email.