[Centos] QEMU question

Bart Schaefer wrote:

> I recently tried using qemu to run an XP guest with my CentOS 3.4
> system as host.  However, I was using a virtual hard drive rather than
> an existing disk partition.
>
> My experience was that it runs fine as long as you never turn it off.
>
> If at any time I allowed XP to do the equivalent of a full power-off
> shutdown, the next time I started it up it would fail to recognize the
> disk (read errors).

This is a known issue with qemu.  It has been fixed in CVS.  You can
either wait for new qemu release, or fetch current development version
from CVS, compile and install it.  An advantage of current CVS version
is that accellerator module works with it (been using it for almost a
week, works great).

To get CVS version, either go to

http://savannah.nongnu.org/cvs/?group=qemu

and follow instructions for setting up access to anonymous CVS.  Or if
you are not able to use CVS (for example, company firewall), you can
fetch daily snapshots from:

http://www.dad-answers.com/qemu/

--
Aleksandar Milivojevic <amilivojevic@xxxxxx>    Pollard Banknote Limited