[Centos] VPN between 2 CentOS machines

On Sat, 2005-03-26 at 15:11, Francois Caen wrote:

> > I have been running squid on the desktop, then tunnelling http in via
> > SSH, but this creates a drag on the machine and network (for some
> > reason the bandwidth doesn't get shared- the SSH tunnel gets it all).
> >
> > Does anyone have any suggestions? Most of the time the laptop will be
> > at hotspots.
>
> Not sure what the problem is with ssh, should work fine.

> In any case, the easy way to VPN 2 linux boxes is cipe. yum install cipe :)

That's good for Centos 3.x.  You can add the setup in the
redhat-config-network tool by clicking the device/new button,
and port forward the UDP port number you choose through your
router.  Unfortunately, it is gone in Centos 4.x and you
have to recompile the kernel to make it work if you try
to add it back yourself.

--
  Les Mikesell
   les2futuresource.com