[Centos] Cannot access windows machine on network from newly installed Centos4 workstation

 From a Centos4 workstation, I can see all machines on the network, but
can only access shared resources from other linux systems - share have
been established using Samba.   I can see all windows systems OK, but
cannot access windows shares - I get "you do not have the permissions
necessary to view the contents of "Windows Network: dawxp".  The network
consists of a Workgroup with a mix of RH7 based servers (SME),  Win2000
and WinXP pro workstations.    Any assistance would be very appreciated,
I am stumped...  regards.  chris