[Centos] Mounting Netware Volumes

On Thu, 2005-03-24 at 18:39 -0700, Craig White wrote:
> On Thu, 2005-03-24 at 19:33 -0600, Paul wrote:
> > On Tue, 2005-03-22 at 22:22 -0600, Paul wrote:
> > > I have one last RH 7.3 system that I want to convert to CentOS 4, but I
> > > can't find the ncpfs utilities that I used to use to mount Netware
> > > shares.
> > >
> > > Has support been removed from the 3.x and 4?
> >
> > Well I dug though the RH's site and in the release notes for AS 3.95 ite
> > mentionsed that ncpfs has been deprecated.  I can't find the release
> > notes for 4, but assume that they must have removed support in the
> > kernel along with the package.
> >
> > It looks like I've reached a dead-end unless I want to build a custom
> > version of the kernel for this workstation each time a new one comes
> > out.  That looks to be more work than continuing with it as it is and
> > using fedoralegacy updates.
> >
> > Anybody have other ideas?
> >
> ----
> See if SuSE has a source rpm

I nabbed the src.rpm from FC3 and built it ... it only halfway works
because of lack of ncpfs support in the kernel.  It finds the server and
authenticates, but can't mount the volume.

Personally I only want to support one "flavor" of Linux ... in the past
that has been "RH & RH based". Since we are a Netware shop it's looking
like SuSE may be a better choice ... shame there is not a rebuild
project like CentOS.

I used SuSE 9 at home for a year as my main desktop and I did not really
like it.  I don't like YaST and not a fan of KDE either ... maybe I'm
too set in my ways.

Regards,
Paul