[Centos] wifi cluelessness

> The nice folks at work have just provided me with a new, really spiffy,
> ThinkPad.  So, I'm trying to get wireless working under CentOS4 and I'm
> having trouble.  First, I can't seem to find any rpms to just install
> (this would be really nice).  And, second, when I try to build it from the
> src.rpm that I pulled from the atrpms repository with "rpmbuild
> --recompile madwifi-0.9.4.12-15.rhfc3.at.src.rpm", it dies on line 1.
> Which source rpm should I be using?  Where can I find it?
>
> Matt Lawrence
> "Your friendly neighborhood sysadmin"
> 512.838.2645  T/L 678-2645
> 512.351.1061 (cell)_______________________________________________
> CentOS mailing list
> CentOS@xxxxxxxxxxx

I have just setup wireless on a CentOS4 server.  I was provided with a
Motorola wireless card.  I used ndiswrapper and used the window driver to
make it work.  CentOS4 come with some wireless tools already installed.
Look in /usr/share/doc/ that is were I found them.  I found ndiswrapper at
sourceforge.  There are some chipsets that are supported without using
ndiswrapper.

HTH
Royce Sherman
Net Admin