From: Corey
To: CentOS discussion and information list
Sent: Wednesday, March 23, 2005 12:01 PM
Subject: [Centos] swap out mainboard

Hello!

How robust is linux when it comes to changing the motherboard on an existing
( installed ) box?  We need to up the ram on our server, but the current
mainboard won't accommodate the necessary upgrade, so we are close to just
changing it out with another similar board that can.

Will any changes in the hardware of the mainboard ( chipset, pci ids, i/o,
etc, etc ) to a system which has been up and running cause any sort of
difficult or random problems when the box comes back up with a new board?

Any thing we need to be aware of w/ CentOS in particular?

Thanks!