[Centos] Cups or Samba issue with print jobs

On Fri, 2005-03-18 at 09:53, Scott Heisler wrote:
> Having an ongoing issue with the Printing.  The server has 4 printers on
> it.  3 are Laniers one is an HP 4100.  The problem with it is that the
> print jobs don't go away, ever.  Unless I manually clear the CUPS folder
> and restart cups and samba, the jobs never go away.  Eventually, the
> queue fills up and people can no longer print.  That is, until I clear
> it out as described above.  To confuse things further, ONLY the Lanier
> printers (Lanier & Ricoh are the same company for those of you that
> didn't know it) have this problem, the HP does not.  I've changed
> rights, checked to see if "save jobs" is set (it's not) and can't seem
> to figure out the cause and/or solution to this problem.  I've applied
> all of the updates for Centos 3.4 and still no fix.
>
> HELP!!!!

Ok, how are these printers rigged up?  Are you using socket, lpd, ipp,
etc for sending print jobs to the printers?  Also, are the clients
printing to them via samba?  Does this happen when you try a job from
the command line?  Are the jobs actually printing?