[Centos] File appearance delay on desktop in GNOME (CentOS 4)

Hi.  First of all I'd really like to thank all of the developers of
CentOS for their excellent work on CentOS 4.  It's exceptional and very
stable.

Next, I thought I could "bug" the list with this kind of maybe "naive"
question (because I don't know where else to ask).  Would anyone have
the answer?

The question is:  I migrated from FC3 to CentOS 4 (doing a backup and
then a fresh install and restoring config files).  Like I said, the
system works exceptionally well (in fact, install and reconfig went more
smoothly than I expected).  What I find funny is that when I save files
to the "Desktop" folder (using GNOME), the file does not appear until I
open the Desktop folder in nautilus and "reload" the contents.  Is there
any way I change things so that the files appear immediately after they
have been saved?  I'm sorry if the answer is very simple, I just have no
idea how to fix this (I don't think this happened in FC3).  Thank you.

Sincerely
Jose Alburquerque