[Centos] (no subject) update

> That is an excellent article ...
>
> You said that you added new memory and that you
> tested it.  Did you test
> it installed in that board or external to the
> system.
>
> Running memtest86 while the memory is installed in
> that board is the way
> to go.  It tests not only the memory, but how it is
> seated, how the bios
> is set, and how it interacts with that specific
> chipset.
>
> Also make sure you have the latest BIOS that the MB
> manufacturer offers.
>
> APIC sometimes causes major issues with some boards,
> and new BIOS upgrades
> sometimes solve the problems.
>
> I would try noapic and noacpi on the kernel line if
> everything else fails.
>
> --
> Johnny Hughes
> <http://www.HughesJR.com/>

hello all,

i said i would keep you updated if i was able to fix
the problem of my server crashing. Well it is still
crashing on me with centos4, I have changed the memory
back to the original memory that i had in there and
tried using noapic. i even went as far as going into
the bios and turning apic off but it is still crashing
on me. i think my only other choice is to downgrade my
server to 3.4 and see if that solves the problem. If i
dont have troubles then i will positively know it was
not hardware. BTW i had found out my upgraded memory
did test bad that is why i put the original back in.

very frustrated right now.......:-(

Steven

"On the side of the software box, in the 'System Requirements' section, it said 'Requires Windows or better'. So I installed Linux."