[Centos] Raid Controller Opinions (LSI 3201064LP)

On Wed, 16 Mar 2005, Ajay Sharma wrote:

> http://www.lsilogic.com/products/megaraid/scsi_320_1lp.html
>
> Does anyone else run this and have an opinion about it?  We're going to run
> it with 6 SCSI drives in a RAID 10 configuration for our new database server.

We have used the LSI Logic MegaRAID U320-2X and have been pretty happy
with it. However on one array the management daemon falsely reports no
response from both the hotspare drives. The hotspares work fine, however.

We've also used the ICP Vortex GDT8524RZ+ and have been happy with it.

For small/basic RAID setups, we've used a lot of Mylex AcceleRAID 170 RAID
controllers and they've been reliable, although the management tools are
minimal.

---
Jesse <j@xxxxxxxxxxx>