[Centos] 3ware 9000 drivers

Note: My comments are enclosed below.

Avtar Gill wrote:

> Chris Mauritz wrote:
>
>> 3Ware drivers have been in the mainstream kernel for quite some time
>> (I believe they were even in the 2.4.2X kernels in EL3).
>
> The 9000 series drivers are not included in the 2.4 kernels and aren't
> in RHEL3. You have to compile them yourself:
> http://www.3ware.com/kb/article.aspx?id=11843
>
> The perl script that's linked in that knowledge base article won't
> work on boxes with update 4 so you'll have to compile the drivers
> manually.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding the original post here, but I've got a box
with a 3ware 9500S. The 3w_9xxx kernel module works flawlessly
supporting this card, and it was included with CentOS 4. One of the
reasons I chose CentOS 4 was due to its support for the card. I assume
it would work for all 3ware 9xxx series cards.

Hope this helps,

Shawn