[Centos] OpenOffice Package Group

On Mon, 2005-03-14 at 12:09 -0500, Ryan Lane wrote:
> On Mon, 14 Mar 2005 10:22:44 -0600, Matt Lawrence <mattlaw@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Really?  I didn't know that.  I was just about to post a rant about how
> > bloated the "minimal" install is.  It installed 281 packages and with a
> > little bit of work, I reduced it to 200 packages (I'm sure even more could
> > be deleted).  Next time I get a system setup that I can experiment with,
> > I'll have to try it.
>
> Yes, I just confirmed that you can press F2 during a text based
> install to select/deselect individual components of package groups.
>
> However, in your case this probably wouldn't help, because for the
> minimal install you probably already have all the package groups
> deselected.  You're still going to get the core RPMs that they want
> you to have.
>
> -Ryan

Thanks ... I did not know that F2 would allow that.

Learn something new every day :)
Tru is correct that the comps.xml for 3.3 references openoffice and not
openoffice.org

So yum is the way to install openoffice.org

As to the minimum install, I agree that the number of packages installed
by RH is not really minimal, but we are installing the same packages, as
it is our goal to have CentOS install like RHEL.
--
Johnny Hughes
<http://www.HughesJR.com/>