[Centos][fixed] PXE boot Centos 4.0 problems

On Mon, 31 Jan 2005 13:03:48 -0700
"Alan Sparks" <asparks@xxxxxxxxx> disait:

> Has anyone yet tried PXE booting the vmlinuz/initrd.img
> set from Centos 4.0beta2?
>
> I have a pxelinux setup that is booting 3.4 PXE images
> fine, but the equivalent setup for 4.0beta loads the
> kernel and then splashes the monitor full of multicolor
> random characters.  Not a good start to an install...
>
> Anyone had luck?  Any changes for PXE boots known for 4.0?
> Thanks in advance.
> -Alan

After one complete of hard working on this problem, i finally found the
workaround !!!!!

I Warn you, it's very VERY stupid.

Extract from http://syslinux.zytor.com/pxe.php:
-----
Before you post something, please make sure you have checked that your
kernel files aren't named using the extensions which have special
meaning:

  .0            PXE bootstrap program (NBP) [PXELINUX only]
^^^^

  .bin          "CD boot sector" [ISOLINUX only]
  .bs           Boot sector [SYSLINUX only]
  .bss          Boot sector, DOS superblock will be patched in [SYSLINUX
only]  .c32          COM32 image (32-bit COMBOOT)
  .cbt          COMBOOT image (not runnable from DOS)
  .com          COMBOOT image (runnable from DOS)
  .img          Disk image [ISOLINUX only]
----

How did you named your kernel & vmlinuz ? :)))
(ex: you have to name it centos-4 , NOT centos-4.0 !! )

What a stupid problem .... !!

--
Martin