[Centos] Cyrus-Imapd and saslauth

James B. Byrne wrote:

>Just a note for others that do not wish to waste time rediscovering
>the wheel. And to put this where I can google for it the next time
>I forget things I once knew.
>
>Despite the fact that RH 4EL ships with both cyrus-sasl and cyrus-
>imap, and despite the fact that cyrus-imap requires cyrus-sasl to
>work, /etc/sysconfig/saslauthd is distributed with MECH=shadow even
>though cyrus-imapd needs this value set to MECH=pam.
>
>Oh.  Do not overlook that the /var/spool/imap (or whatever) mailbox
>directory has to be owned by the cyrus user.
>
>Regards,
>Jim

Thanks Jim... little stuff that can sometimes make you chase your tail
for an hour or two. arrgh!!

Anyone know if the default is sort of being directed by RedHat toward
dovecot? I'm hearing a lot of talk about it, but haven't spent any real
time reading about it. I don't even know if it's a direct replacement.

Best,
John Hinton