[Centos] (no subject)

--- William Warren
<hescominsoon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I may have missed your previous posting..what
> hardware is this running on?
>
> Steven Vishoot wrote:
> > ok now i am frustrated. this is the third day in a
> row
> > that my server has crashed running centos4, i can
> not
> > ping or access the console but the hardware is
> still
> > running. it does not leave any logs that i can see
> of,
> > is there more problems with this than the few
> postings
> > i have seen here. is there a problem with the
> kernel?
> > i am almost to the point of bringing my box back
> down
> > to 3.4 if this keeps up.
> >
> > Steven
> >

> > "On the side of the software box, in the 'System
> Requirements' section, it said 'Requires Windows or
> better'. So I installed Linux."

> --
> My "Foundation" verse:
> Isa 54:17  No weapon that is formed against thee
> shall prosper; and
> every tongue that shall rise against thee in
> judgment thou shalt
> condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the
> LORD, and their
> righteousness is of me, saith the LORD.
>
> -- carpe ductum -- "Grab the tape"
> CDTT (Certified Duct Tape Technician)
>
> Linux user #322099
> Machines:
> 206822
> 256638
> 276825
> http://counter.li.org/

First let me say sorry for posting a message without a
subject line in it. that can tell how frustrating it
is to me with this problem.
The hardware it is running on is a pc-chips mother
board with 512 ram and 1.8 intel cpu. maxtor 120g hd.
I have not had any troubles with this hardware, since
i have been running rh9 on it for sometime before i
upgraded to centos4. The change was i added a 512meg
memory chip and i just ran a memory tester on that
yesterday and no problems there.
It will run for some time then out of no where it will
stop responding and all i can do is a hard reboot.

thanks