Re: OT: programming language for morons (newbie friendly language in Open Source world)

2010/12/13 Sven Aluoor <aluoor@xxxxxxxxx>
Hi folks

I have more than 12 years experience with UNIX system administration,
but I am too stupid for programming. My only programming experience is
shell scripting. I tried to learn Java, but don't understand it
because it is too complicated for my limited brainpower.

What programming language should I learn?

A friend said that C-Sharp (Mono) is very simple. Is this true?

cheers Sven

my first language was pascal. if i'd had the opportunity, i'd start with c. herbert schildt's teach yourself c was great for me.

--
When one door is closed, another is open.
(Robert Nesta Marley)