[Centos] cgi trouble with apache and selinux

ago@xxxxxx wrote:
>>Looking into the source for targeted policy it seems as this is not
>>enabled.  Bug in targeted policy rules?
>
> Not necessarily. execute_no_tran means that you can execute a binary
> belong to another domain without transition (domain).
>
>>Anyhow, I've tried to add similar line to
>>macros/program/apache_macros.te file, just after similar line for
>
> it would be better to create a local.te under misc. Because of upgrades
> and cleaner system.
>
>>blocked by SELinux.  For compiled CGI, I need to enable it to read
>>couple of files from the system first, but it seems to be working.
>
> run apol to ensure that you don't weaken your system.

Thanks for the all of the above hints.  I'm still relatively new to
SELinux, and still discovering things.  For now it is mostly "OK, this
doesn't work, how to get it to work quickly".  I'm planning to dive into
it more as time permits...

Anyhow, I still don't see why CGI scripts/programs were not working out
of the box when placed in /var/www/cgi-bin.  This box is fresh install
with almost default configuration.  I tought targeted policy should
allow that by default (provided httpd_enable_cgi is set to true, which
seems to be default setting)?  Am I the only one with this problem?  I
have a separate partition for /var, mounted with nosuid flag, which
might or might not make my system a bit different, however I don't see
how this should affect SELinux policy (acutally, once this gets solved
completely, I'll be moving cgi-bin to /usr, and mounting /var with
noexec,nosuid).

Related to this, when I attempted to use mod_suexec in httpd.conf
(something along the lines of "SuexecUserGroup apache apache", which
should be user scritps run if suexec is not used), I got more SELinux
related errors in /var/log/messages...

I found apol utility (/usr/share/setools/apol.tcl), however it seems to
require awish, that i don't have installed.  Running it in normal wish
results in error message saying that I need Tk with BWidgets compiled
in...  What package do I need for awish?

--
Aleksandar Milivojevic <amilivojevic@xxxxxx>    Pollard Banknote Limited