From: centos-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:centos-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Beau Henderson
Sent: 09 March 2005 18:33
To: CentOS discussion and information list
Subject: Re: [Centos] 3.3 or 3.4

cPanel are usually pretty good at spitting out releases shortly after an OS
is debuted ( at least compared to other popular commercial control panel
vendors ). CentOS4 isn't as easy to port to as previous OS's mostly due to
SELinux being implemented ( notice no support for FC 3 ? ). Either way,
CentOS4 has only just been released, sure the beta was out, but many chances
happen between beta and final. Beta's are not exactly what you want to use,
to create a commercial product on. Hold tight, I have a feeling Nick ( head
cpanel dev ) is working tirelessly to push it out.

On Tue, 8 Mar 2005 22:41:05 +1100, Matt Bottrell <mbottrell@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
> Blah Cpanel.  :-P
>
> Pretty lax of them not to have RHELv4 ready... the betas been around
> for a while.
>

> On Mon, 7 Mar 2005 08:28:56 -0500, Verdon Vaillancourt <vern@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
> > If you're running cpanel/whm on your server, going to CentOS 4 on a
> > production box would not be a good idea at this time, unless you
> > REALLY know what you're doing
> >

> > On 7-Mar-05, at 8:23 AM, Collins Richey wrote:
> >
> > > On Mon, 7 Mar 2005 11:46:20 +0000,
> > > paul.g.barnett@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <paul.g.barnett@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

> > > Yes, it's called CentOS4.0-final.
> > >
> > > --