[Centos] Firewire, USB + CentOS

On Sun, 2005-03-06 at 09:18, Stephane Magnier wrote:

> The USB stick needs to be recognized as "vfat" (most of the the time coming
> from a Windows Machine)
> Perhaps the iPod works as the same way....
>
> I did hear some people having trouble on "sda1", and got no error messages
> with "sda"
>
> Let's try with the iPod :-)

Please post any results to the list.  I'd like to know if it is
possible to set up a RAID1 mirror between an internal IDE and
and an identical drive in a external USB/Firewire and have
the RAID recognized at boot time.  (I'm using FC1 now and
have to rebuild the raid manually after a reboot).  I'd also
like to be able to break the RAID and access the external drive
via USB on another machine.   Since the centos4 release notes
mention USB hard drives not working, I haven't tried this
yet.  Does the same limitation apply to firewire?

--
  Les Mikesell
   les@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx