[Centos] PXE(bis) boot Centos 4.0 problems

On Mon, 31 Jan 2005 13:03:48 -0700
"Alan Sparks" <asparks@xxxxxxxxx> disait:

> Has anyone yet tried PXE booting the vmlinuz/initrd.img
> set from Centos 4.0beta2?
>
> I have a pxelinux setup that is booting 3.4 PXE images
> fine, but the equivalent setup for 4.0beta loads the
> kernel and then splashes the monitor full of multicolor
> random characters.  Not a good start to an install...
>
> Anyone had luck?  Any changes for PXE boots known for 4.0?
> Thanks in advance.

No luck. this is exactly the same issue i'm in front of.
Did you solve the problem ?
I really can't understand what happen ...

> Surprises me, since the video (on a new Compaq DL360)
> seemed to work OK on Centos 3.  This appears to be a
> kernel crash right when the install kernel gets control...
> never actually begins a boot sequence.

Yes, all centos-3.X are still ok, same thing here.

--
Martin