How to select a motherboard

From: Todd Cary [mailto:todd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]

> The suggestion of the  D865PERL is the kind of information
> that is most helpful since someone (you) are using it with
> Centos.  Now to find a current board that is in use with
> Centos and some ATA drives.

If you are looking for specific recommendations, I have used the Abit
IS-10 motherboard in a few RH and CentOS servers.  It is an older
socket 478 board and doesn't have a lot of temperature and fan speed
monitoring, but it does have built-in video, sound, and network as
well as support for SATA drives.

Bowie