Bind Caching Nameserver <was: Re: Caching nameserver -- Name Services Cache Daemon (nscd)>

On Wed, 2005-08-10 at 12:10, William Warren wrote:
> it is looking like it's partially windows brain dead dns caching as
> well.  The caching is now working..I just need tog et the reverse
> lookups working so nslookup will like it.  Right now there's a two
> second pause while my windows client tries to wait for the reverse
> lookup then it goes ahead and uses the server i specified.

The pause is just an nslookup thing as it is trying to get an
answer from a nameserver that knows its own name as a sanity check.
Normal programs (ping, etc.) will happily accept any answer, sane
or not.

--
  Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell@xxxxxxxxx