Re: how to update ucode with xen

On 9/19/18 1:27 PM, Christoph wrote:
> it is working thx a lot...
>
> but it has included the GenuineIntel.bin only in actually used kernel...
> do I need to reinstall microcode_ctl every time I update the kernel?
> And second question, I quess I still need the ucode = scan as xen
> parameter right?

You won't need to reinstall microcode_ctl.  Once you create the file at
/etc/microcode_ctl/ucode_with_caveats/force any time you update the
kernel or microcode_ctl it will put the microcode into the initramfs
automatically.

You do need to keep ucode=scan on the Xen command line because that is
how it knows to scan the initramfs for the microcode.

--
Kevin Stange
Chief Technology Officer