Copying CentOS AMIs for EBS encryption

Hi,

I am trying to copy the latest CentOS image to my own AWS account so that I can enable EBS volume encryption.  It currently looks like the option when sharing the image is not enabled to allow direct copying of the snapshots, and I am wondering if this could be looked at?  I can start an instance with this AMI, then create a new snapshot for the purpose of enabling EBS volume encryption, but I want to keep the image as clean as possible, and am worried if I run the image then some scripts will get ran that will customise the image with keys etc.

If there is a better way to do this then happy to discuss.

Thanks,
Andrew.