I am currently searching for a decent image/container/registry scanner. I would like to be able to check images for CVE, at the moment I am using rhel/centos/ubuntu/debian based images.
I tried on CentOS7:
- openscap (oscap-docker): needs atomic for installation, allows scanning of rhel based images only;
- atomic: allows scanning of rhel based images only;
- clair: usable in theory for rhel/centos/ubuntu/debian images but in practice I encountered problems with analyze-local-images and hyperclair "cli" tools and API does not allow automatization;
- banyan collector/dockscan/drydock: seem to be stale or not enough mature to be considered;
- nessus: seems to be an overkill for my usecase.
I am now looking into:
- aqua (commercial);
- twistlock (commercial);
- blackduck docker scanner (commercial).
Can you share info about what you are using to scan docker images? Any proposals for my usecase?
_______________________________________________ CentOS-virt mailing list CentOS-virt@xxxxxxxxxx https://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos-virt