Re: Windows 10 tech preview build 10130

On 07/04/2015 07:02 PM, Kanwar Ranbir Sandhu wrote:
On Fri, 2015-07-03 at 22:10 -0700, ToddAndMargo wrote:
Did it work?

Yes, this time around the install worked. Thing is, the sha1sum was the
same as the first time I downloaded the ISO so there was no corruption
to speak of. I really don't know why it wasn't working before.

I haven't done much in the preview except try out Spartan and do some
configuration. I like the UI design.

The only thing that really is driving me nuts is the mouse. My mouse is
not running smoothly in the KVM. On my desktop (Fedora 20 running Gnome)
my mouse is fine. In other KVMs (e.g. Fedora 22) the mouse works just as
smoothly. But, in this preview build, there appears to be a lag...or
something. It's difficult to describe. Umm...it's almost like frames are
dropping. I don't know. Overall it just sucks and its killing my desire
to play around with it more.

My daughter has recently started playing the games at www.roblox.com. In
this preview build, starting up any game makes Windows crash. Maybe a
future build will fix that.

Hi Kanwar,

I am glad it worked.

Sounds to me like Windows being Windows.  SOF (Son-of-Frankenstein
or Windows Nein, oops, Windows 10) is terrible quality.  If it
works right in your other VM's, then it is SOF's doing.

If you can get a hold of XP and your daughters games will work in
it, they will go a lot faster.

Just run a good Anti Virus.  Bit Defender or Kaspersky consistently
score the best at av-comparatives.org.  Bit Defender has a free
home version.

And don't believe the baloney about XP not being as secure as W7.
If you look at the break in statistics, the two are at a statistical
dead heat.

SOF is now on to 10162.

Here is a good wallpaper for your SOF:

http://www.infiniteunknown.net/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/Windows-10-We-Finally-Fixed-Everything-485x274.jpg