Re: Resizing EXT3 partition in guest instance CentOS5

On Sun, Feb 6, 2011 at 8:02 PM, Poh Yong Hwang <yongsan@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,

Apologies for the late reply. Here is the result of the command:

qemu-img info staging.img
image: staging.img
file format: raw
virtual size: 195G (209715200000 bytes)
disk size: 196G

Yes. I am looking to reduce this size to 100G.

Hi Poh,

Sorry for the delayed reply...

The first thing you'll need for this is _at least_ 100G of free disk space. (100G should be sufficient, but it's generally a good idea to have a little more than necessary just to be on the safe side.)

I will also still need to see the guest file system layout, if you wouldn't mind sending that info please. (If you are using LVM within the guest *and* on the host, please also send the name of the volume group that the host uses.)

Having the file system information will allow me to provide you with information that is specific to your configuration.

~ Tom