Re: [CentOS-devel] [centos-artwork] Restructuring the website homepage layout

Hi Amy!

On Wed, 2023-09-20 at 10:39 -0500, Amy Marrich wrote:
> That looks great and the sections make sense as you've described
> them.

Thanks! I am working on that structure.

> As far as News and Events and Blog, I do think they're the same thing
> but I kind of like the idea of calling it News and Events vs Blog.

Could we have them both as blog entries under different categories?
This will reduce the complexity of working with two different sources
during presentation in www.centos.org site.

For example, for "news and events", we currently need to create new
files in the www.centos.org directory structure. On the other hand, for
"blog posts", we are currently parsing a file (e.g., JSON, YAML)
produced form blog.centos.org feeds. If both "news and events" and
"blog posts" entries are managed in blog.centos.org, we could use the
blog.centos.org feed file as single source to present both "news and
events" and "blog posts" in www.centos.org, filtering by category, in
two independent sections.

This model would delegate most of the dynamic content management to
blog.centos.org and the feed file it produces. It provides a single
source of content we could reuse, not just for "news and events" and
"blog posts" categories, but for other content categories also (e.g.,
newsletters, sig reports, etc.).

--
Alain Reguera Delgado <alain.reguera@xxxxxxxxx>