Re: Documentation SIG responsibilities

On 11/4/21 15:15, Shaun McCance wrote:
Hi all,

I'm working on revamping the Documentation SIG wiki page, and hoping to
present where we stand to the CentOS board at some point.

https://wiki.centos.org/SpecialInterestGroup/Documentation

I'd like to have a set of core responsibilities. Proposal:

* Working with the Red Hat documentation folks on publishing material
upstreamed from RHEL.

* Identifying, writing, and maintaining content aside from stuff that
is intended for RHEL, whether that's in manuals or shorter form wiki
material.

* Periodically auditing and pruning old and outdated documentation.

* Promoting CentOS documentation as a reliable source of information
for CentOS and enterprise Linux in general.

* Working with translators to make documentation available in languages
other than English.

* Working with other special interest groups on their documentation
needs and helping them create, maintain, and integrate their own
content.

I think this is covered under "reliable" and "pruning old and outdated", but I'd love to see someone take charge of doing a complete audit of the wiki and making it correct and authoritative. It has become a bit of a pile of "might be right, sometimes" over the past decade, and it's challenging to find anything in it.