Re: Installing CentOS - user feedback

Hi Rich,

Just for 1), when you choose the distro you want, written in white on blue on top of that you have a phrasing that describes (agreed, it could be better positioned, but it's there) :
CentOS Linux
=> Consistent, manageable platform that suits a wide variety of deployments. For some open source communities, it is a solid, predictable base to build upon.

CentOS Stream
=> Rolling-release distro that tracks just ahead of Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) development, positioned as a midstream between Fedora Linux and RHEL. For anyone interested in participating and collaborating in the RHEL ecosystem, CentOS Stream is your reliable platform for innovation.

I agree on the missing points, and also the "Documentation" page includes doc for 7 & 8, even if you're on the 6.10 choice. Which means there's not even documentation links for 6 while it's still possible to download it ?

On the other points, once you choose x86_64, there should be more guidance on the mirror page I'd say. You'll find the following ISO files, here is a list of which you'll find and what usage.
Maybe the mirror parent page could include a readme or a redirect to the ISO page as well for that matter ?

I think the fewest places the info is stored, the less likely we'll forget an update when there is one.

Thanks,