Re: proposal for centos.org/download

On 18/03/2019 11:40, Florian Winter wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I try to migrate https://wiki.centos.org/Download to
> https://centos.org/download/.
> What are you thinking about this idea ?
> What i have done so far: https://www.leetbit.com/dev/web/centos/testing/
>
> I also have one question: Why are the two website repos (bugs.centos.org
> & centos.org) on git.centos.org and not on github ?
>
> best regards,
> florian

Hi Florian,

While we initially had all the links for download on main website, we
decided to just redirect to the wiki page as it was easier for QA people
at release time to switch/update that page, than it was to get it done
on the main website.

Now, nothing would prevent us from automating that for centos.org
itself, and that also answers your question about why not on github :
also a legacy decision, and we'll migrate soon git.centos.org to a new
platform, so people with accounts on our side would then be able to use
the usual PR git worflow to contribute.

Does that answer your question ?

PS : not following the -docs list closely, so I only saw your mail ..

--
Fabian Arrotin
gpg key: 56BEC54E | twitter: @arrfab