MMWR Series: 2023 Journal Impact Factors

MMWR banner

June 28, 2024

Journal Impact Factors

The graphic has two boxes with the numbers “37.3” and “25.4” and text that reads, “MMWR Series: 2023 Journal Impact Factors.”

CDC’s MMWR Series received its 2023 Journal Impact Factors for the MMWR Surveillance Summaries and MMWR Weekly. These are based on the average number of citations in the scientific literature in 2023 of reports published in 2021 and 2022.

In the subject category of “Public, Environmental, & Occupational Health” (403 journals):

  • Surveillance Summaries: Ranked 1st
  • Weekly: Ranked 2nd

These impressive rankings are due to Journal Impact Factors of 37.3 (Surveillance Summaries) and 25.4 (Weekly). MMWR Recommendations and Reports is still being evaluated. Journal Impact Factors and rankings will be posted in the Journal Citation Reports in the fall.

These metrics demonstrate the impact of MMWR and underscore its importance in sharing timely, accurate science to inform policy and guide practice.

Many thanks to our authors for their contributions to the scientific literature, and to our readers for your interest.

For the latest breaking science and recommendations, visit www.cdc.gov/mmwr.