CDC Launches Let’s Rise Initiative

Let's RISE

CDC Launches Let’s Rise Initiative to Get Routine Immunizations Back on Track

During the COVID-19 pandemic, we saw a concerning drop in routine immunizations for adults and children. Routine vaccination is rebounding but unevenly and has not yet recovered among all groups. While we continue to investigate the impact of the pandemic on routine immunizations, it is crucial that we take steps to help get everyone back on schedule with their routine immunizations.

That’s why the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention is launching the Let’s Rise initiative.

The purpose of Let’s Rise is to use evidence-based strategies and available resources and data to encourage catch up on routine vaccinations. CDC will also communicate the importance of why being up to date on routine vaccinations is critical for staying healthy so that families and adults can make informed decisions.

As trusted community leaders, health care professionals, and partners, you can

  • Prioritize ensuring everyone catches up on routine vaccination
  • Identify individuals behind on their vaccinations,
  • Encourage vaccination catch-up through reminders, recall, and outreach
  • Make strong vaccine recommendations
  • Make vaccines easy for everyone to find and afford

Please stay tuned for the first comprehensive summary of CDC data on the impact of COVID-19 on routine immunization coverage and priority groups for catch-up in the coming weeks.

Together, Let’s Rise and get routine vaccinations back on track!

More information about Let’s RISE and access to routine immunization resources and data can be found at Let’s RISE.

1600 Clifton Rd   Atlanta, GA 30329   1-800-CDC-INFO (800-232-4636)   TTY: 888-232-6348
Questions or Problems  |