Preventing Childhood Obesity

Received this email from a friend? Sign up now

View this email in your web browser

CDC Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
mother and daughter preparing vegetables

Preventing Childhood Obesity

Obesity is a complex disease with many contributing factors, but there are ways parents and caregivers can help children on their journey to good health.

Radiation Emergencies

Protect yourself, your loved ones, and your pets during a radiation emergency by getting inside, staying inside, and staying tuned.

Help Prevent Suicide

Suicide is a serious public health problem that can have lasting harmful effects on individuals, families, and communities. Suicide is more than a mental health concern.

#BeThere >

person comforting another with their hands clasped over each other

Chicken and Food Poisoning

If you eat undercooked chicken, you can get a foodborne illness, also called food poisoning. You can also get sick if you eat other foods or beverages that are contaminated by raw chicken or its juices.

Enterovirus D68

EV-D68 can cause mild to severe respiratory illness, or no symptoms at all.
  • Mild symptoms may include runny nose, sneezing, cough, body aches, and muscle aches.
  • Severe symptoms may include wheezing and difficulty breathing.
mother comforting child blowing their nose into a tissue

Disease of the Week

child with measles rash

Image of the Week

mosquito larvae

Sign Up for CDC Email Updates

Stay up to date on STEM at CDC. Public health brings together science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM) with other subjects like language arts, civics, and sociology. Sign up to receive email updates on STEM activities, resources, and more.

CDC COVID-19 Responder Stories
North American bison

The concept of serving for the benefit of others is a family tradition for Deborah Dee. “Watching my dad, who was in the Navy and deployed most of the first 10 years of my life, ingrained in me from an early age that you do things for others. His service during the Vietnam War made a lifelong impression on me and since my childhood it has always been something I’ve been interested in.”

1600 Clifton Rd   Atlanta, GA 30329   1-800-CDC-INFO (800-232-4636)   TTY: 888-232-6348
Questions or Problems  |  Unsubscribe